- The position join a larger team of scientists at Taiwan R&D site focused on developing and optimizing recovery and purification processes for recombinant proteins and biological macromolecules for early- and late-phase clinical trials.
- Responsibilities will include small-scale studies, and pilot plant and manufacturing downstream purification studies. Based on the analyses of these studies, this position will be expected to develop and test new hypotheses to improve the fundamental understanding of recovery and purification processes.
- The Senior Scientist will be responsible for working with fellow scientists to develop robust, efficient, scalable strategies for improving process performance.
- Conduct upstream process characterization qualification/validation and transfer to Manufacturing Science and Technology Upstream Team and/or Manufacturing Upstream Team.
- This position will support process validation, quality by design, regulatory approaches, and quality systems and should also be able to prepare clear and concise technical reports and contribute to regulatory filings.
- This position will be expected to prepare internally reviewed technical reports, make oral presentations to scientists and management, and publish externally.
- The Senior Scientist will be responsible for executing operational efficiency improvements and planning and implementing improvements across Purification Team work processes.
- The successful candidates must be able to endorse change to business infrastructure to ensure pipeline, legacy and technology success.
- Ensure lab compliance with applicable GLP regulations and SOPs.
- It is desirable for the position to have experience with state-of-the-art protein characterization and analysis techniques, including mass spectrometry or biophysical characterization techniques.
Job Qualifications (Education, Certifications, Experience)
- M.S. degree with 7 years’ experience in the biotech industry or Ph.D. degree with 5 years’ experience; the degree should be in a biological or engineering discipline (Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, or equivalent).
- Sufficient experience in recombinant protein purification process development, technology transfer and/or bioprocess manufacturing required.
- Demonstrated ability to drive for results and drive innovative research programs independently.
- A good understanding of large molecules purification process, including the recent scientific literature, is required. Applicants should be bright, organized, self-motivated, and capable of working independently, and in a collaborative environment.
- Good verbal and written English communication skills. Ability to work effectively across departments.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com